Q: If I have bought a house from a Developer / Private Person or have appointed a Lawyer to handle the sale and purchase of the house, what do I need to do?


Each seller or buyer of the holding must ensure that the name of the current holding owner is registered with the Council and the holding owner is required to submit a Transfer Form (Form I) within 3 months after the transfer of ownership is carried out as provided below Section 160 of the Local Government Act 1976. Accordingly, each holding owner shall be responsible for ensuring that this is implemented.

Q: Where can I make arrangements to change ownership or submit this Form I?

A: Any holding owner who wishes to check the title with the Council can do so at the Valuation Division, Kuantan City Council and if the holding title has not been updated, the holding owner can do so by submitting Form I along with a processing fee of RM50. 00.

Q: What action can the Council take if I do not submit the Transfer Form (Form I)?

A: The Council will take prosecution action in Court for the failure of any holding owner to perform this responsibility. Failure to submit Form I will result in you being penalized below Section 160 (5) of the Local Government Act 1976 and if convicted shall be liable to a fine not exceeding two thousand ringgit or to imprisonment not exceeding six months or to both.

In this regard, all Citizens are advised to take appropriate action, including reviewing the submission of Form I by the developer, owner or the lawyer who handles the transfer.

 4,728 total views
Tarikh Kemaskini: 9th, Jun 2023-03:06 pm